I love the idea of the Limited Time Magic weeks for this year's Disney promotion. I think it is a great way to bring something unique to each visitors vacation, as well as bring to the parks some extra fun. As I tried to come up with a good idea for my post, I thought of what I love at Disney that isn't always around when I visit. That is Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Then, I tried to find a way to fit it into my favorite Disney park, which is the Magic Kingdom. So here is my Limited Time Magic week:
Fantasy Food Fair
Ok, so the name could use a little more creativity, but how about a food festival around the Magic Kingdom based on favorite attractions and characters? Here is what I imagine you would find for booths throughout the park (I could have written a book here, but decided to stick with just two or three booths per park section!):
- Swiss Family Robinson Tree House: Fruit and Vegetable dishes with a polynesian/tropical twist (even in the kitchen as you walk through the tree house, there table is covered in fruits and vegetables)
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Moroccan themed dishes from lamb to couscous and more
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Caribbean Themed Foods, such as the jerk chicken they serve at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival (one of my favorites!)
- Hall of Presidents: A selection of foods from colonial America to today, from apple pie to johnny cakes to cranberry themed dishes
- Liberty Belle Riverboat: Princess and the Frog/Mardi Gras themed foods from red beans and rice to beignets
- Haunted Mansion: To celebrate along with the ghosts in the ballroom, this booth would have party themed cupcakes and sweet, ghostly treats to choose from
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Honey themed foods would be at the forefront here. Honey Lime Chicken sandwiches (we make these at home a lot) to tea flavored with honey to honey themed sweet treats
- Mad Tea Party: Tea party finger foods would be the offerings here, along with many flavors of tea sample
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Circus foods would be the highlight here from corn dogs to caramel popcorn to roasted peanuts
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: Here Pizza Planet would be the theme! Maybe even an offering of Mrs. Nesbitt's tea!
- Stitich's Great Escape: Foods from this booth would, of course, have a Polynesian flair, and even include Stitch juice, which is served at the Best Friends Character Breakfast at 'Ohana.
This would be a fun promotion for one of the Limited Time Magic weeks, well, at least I think it would be! I know I would enjoying the samples while we toured the parks.
What food booth would you create for a Fantasy Food Fair?