As part of our membership agreement, we would get 5 movies for $1.00 with the purchase of one movie. We also had the option to purchase another movie at a special price, though this did not count toward our membership agreement (we purchased it anyways). Once part of the club, we were required to purchase four more movies at regular price over the next year. All the titles in blue are the movies that counted toward our commitment.
First Order: Total $21.90
- Bolt (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($0.20)
- Enchanted Christmas (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($11.95)
- Gnomeo and Juliet (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($0.20)
- Ratatouille (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($0.20)
- The Incredibles (4-Disc) ($8.95)
- Tinker Bell (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($0.20)
- Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($0.20)
Second Order (Free Shipping when purchasing 2 or more, 40 % off 2nd Movie): Total $33.92
- Lady and the Tramp (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $24.95
- Prep and Landing (DVD) $8.97
Third Order (Free Shipping when purchasing 2 or more, 40% off 2nd movie): Total $52.92
- Winnie the Pooh (Blu-ray/DVD Combo, 3 Disc Set) $34.94
- Alice in Wonderland (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $17.97
Fourth Order (Featured Title, 2 Movie Combo Pack): Total $35.39
- Disney Nature African Cats (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $21.95
- Disney Nature Earth (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $8.00
- Shipping & Handling $5.44
Fifth Order (Featured Title - 2 Movie Combo): Total $45.39
- The Aristocats (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $29.95
- The Rescuers/Rescuers 2 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $10
- Shipping & Handling $5.44
To compare how the Disney Movie Club compares to our local department store, I will say the cost of each Blu-ray/DVD combo is $24.97 (all movies ranged from $22.97 to $34.97, though most cost $24.97). The Prep & Landing DVD in store was $9.97.
Here's why we think the Disney Movie Club was great for us:
- We purchased 13 Blu-ray/DVD Combos and 1 DVD
- Through the Disney Movie Club, we spent $189.52, which averaged $13.54 per movie
- In our local department store, we would have spent $334.58, which averages $23.90 per movie.
Clearly for us, joining the Disney Movie Club saved us money - just over $10 per movie.
A Few Extra Tips to Make the Most of Your Membership:
- Once you complete your commitment, anytime you purchase one movie at full price, you get any other movies for 50% off and free shipping. So if we purchase one movie at full price, even if you purchase 9 more in the same order, those 9 will all be 50% off.
- If you keep your membership going 30 days after you fulfill your commitment, you become a VIP Member. You then have weekly VIP deals, as well as the option to purchase pins for $4.95 with each movie purchased at full price.
- If you are thinking of joining the Disney Movie Club, ask around! If you have a friend who refers you to the movie club, they get two free movies. This also means when you are a member, for each friend you refer you get two free movies.
Are you a Disney Movie Club member?
What are your best tips for getting the most out of your membership?