|On display at the American Adventure in April 2003|
Today, I am thinking of all the heroes of September 11th. There were many people that day who comforted, assisted and saved other people's lives. Many people sacrificed themselves for others and that is something that is heroic and should never be forgotten. It is hard to believe that it has been 10 years, but I remember that day like it was yesterday. I am sending prayers for the family's of the victims and cannot imagine what this day must be like for them. I was in Walt Disney World when a flag found in the rubble of September 11th was on display at the American Adventure. To this day, I tear up whenever I see this picture.
100 Things to Do in Disney, continues. The 40 Days to 40 Years series I am co-hosting with Donna at DISTherapy has turned the corner into the 90s. It is hard to believe that seven weeks from today, we will be arriving in Walt Disney World!
100 Things to Do in Disney:
- #66, #67 & #68 For Destination Disney's ABC series, hosted by Heidi at Ramblings, Reviews & Reflections, I shared the "J"s of Disney we are looking forward to seeing on this next trip
- #63, #64 & #65 I shared some areas of the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot's Future World that my children are looking forward to experiencing
- #61 & #62 For the Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop, hosted by Deb at Focused on the Magic, I shared a photo of one of Joey's favorite things, the Main Street Vehicles, and also one thing our entire family is looking forward to experiencing for the first time, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- #58, #59 & #60 For Disney Flashback Friday, hosted by Sarah at Magical Days with the Mouse, I shared the three Walt Disney World parades we are looking forward to seeing, as well as my flashback to Walt Disney World's 15th Anniversary Parade, which we saw on our first trip.
In addition to continuing my countdown of 100 things to do in Disney, I also shared their Disney Dream Job. I will admit I was very surprised by my final choice!
Other sites you could find me this week:
- DISTherapy: It was my turn this week to share my memories of my very first trip to Walt Disney World in 1986 in the 40 Days to 40 Years project
- Growing Up Disney: I am part of Amy's Minnie Moms. This month we shared out best tips for traveling to Disney with a Multi-Generation/Multi-Family group
- Jedi Mouseketeer: I shared details of LEGO's recent release of their Star Wars Super Star Destroyer set
40 Days to 40 Years:
This week, Donna at DISTherapy and I have been very excited to share so many magical memories from so many Disney bloggers from around the web. This week the countdown brought us from Walt Disney World 1984 to 1990. We have passed the halfway mark to Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary!
Hope you have had a great week! How did you find Disney magic?
I would love to hear about it!